I'm a technologist with broad experience across multiple industries and roles with a common theme of helping customers leverage technology to solve their business challenges.
Most recently, I spent 5 years at Amazon Retail and Amazon Web Services (AWS) within multiple product, solution architecture and engineering roles. I had the opportunity to work with incredibly smart and inspiring people and learned how to rapidly innovate, and build great products using emerging technologies to deliver innovative customer solutions. Key highlights include:
- Owned and innovated upon a $bn web service which enabled the worldwide distribution of digital gift cards through launching new features enabling developers to distribute Amazon Gift cards from web and mobile apps to millions of consumers. Automated the end-to-end onboarding process.
- Served as trusted technical advisor to AWS customers/partners across multiple market segments—enterprise, mid-size, startups—influencing $250MM of annual spend on AWS.
- Presented at re:Invent on topics such as Modernizing .NET Applications with AWS and at the Executive Briefing Center for Amazon's most strategic customers.
- As part of a global IoT specialist technical field community, I evangelized IIoT solutions through contributions to a Windfarm replica which demonstrated the end to end capabilities of the platform. I presented this at re:Invent, IoT World and the Executive Briefing Center to strategic accounts.
- Technical lead during the launch of Amazon's low-code platform, Honeycode. As part of the launch I developed an enterprise application designed to push the limits of the beta and ensure launch readiness. This resulted in key product & engineering enhancements and a successful launch. Post launch, I led the execution of strategic GTM initiatives including building & presenting live demos to Amazon's most strategic customers, developing workshops and enabling field resources to effectively scale and support customers.
- Accelerated strategic customer innovation as technical lead responsible for ideation, design and build of highly innovative 'edge-to-cloud' prototypes for global manufacturing & industrial customers. Specializing in IoT & Edge applications.
Prior to Amazon I worked at Microsoft and it's healthcare startup Caradigm as an Application Architect in the Professional Services organization building custom applications to improve patient care.
I'm passionate about building innovative, technology centric solutions which deliver tangible value to customers and society. During my career as a technologist I have gained broad solution architecture, consulting, delivery, engineering, product development and partner management skills with depth in IoT and emerging technology segments.
I recently made the jump to pursue my dream of building my own business.
I spend my spare time woodworking, hiking, biking, mountaineering, and exploring the PNW wilderness.